Wedding Wednesday Wedding Planner Tips
Posted on September 16, 2015
Wedding Planner Tips
Our friend Rachel from Outstanding Occasions has put together a list of reasons to hire a wedding planner to make sure your big day goes off without a hitch!
Often times we get asked by brides, or friends and family of brides-to-be on why we think everyone should hire a wedding planner for their wedding. Your wedding day is arguably one of the most important days of your life, so why would you entrust such a special day to a friend or relative to handle the details, rather than hire a professional? While we could talk about this topic for hours, and share real life stories, we thought we would leave you with our top 5 reasons on why everyone should have a wedding planner.
- 1. They Help Alleviate Stress: Planning a wedding is and should be FUN! But, between managing a budget, interviewing vendors, determining proper etiquette and trying to please family, and friends, wedding planning can be rather stressful. A professional wedding planner is educated in all things wedding, and act as a huge resource for everyone involved. Having such a great resource by your side allows you and your fiance, family and friends to enjoy the planning process and focus on what the special day is really about.
- 2. They Keep the Peace: In addition to wedding planning being stressful, it can also be a source of arguments and different point of views. Between parents, siblings, future-in-laws and bridal parties, someone is bound to have a different opinion or offer their two cents on what you should do for your wedding. Wedding planners can provide a fresh prospective, and offer ideas or advice to assist with the many different opinions. Having a wedding planner also helps you place the blame on an outside source while getting what you truly want for your wedding, allowing you to say, “My wedding planner recommends we do this…,” instead of saying “I want it this way….” Planners also act as your advocate. With so many opinions, decisions can be cumbersome. Our job is to help guide everyone to make the right decision for your event.
- 3. They Make Selecting Your Vendors Much Easier: If you google “Wedding DJ”, there is no doubt hundreds will pop up in your search results. There are hundred of wedding vendors out there, and it’s easy to connect with ones that aren’t reputable. A professional wedding planner works with the best in the biz, and has the resources and first-hand knowledge on what wedding professionals match your personality, wedding style, budget and will provide you with the best service for your needs. Yes, we know that wedding venues do provide a preferred vendor list with their materials, but they are long lists that will take you hours to contact and interview each vendor. Our suggestions are customized specifically to you, which will save you a ton of time and energy!
- 4. They Make Sense of Your Pinterest Board: In the age of Pinterest it’s hard to make sense of the hundreds of ideas you see every day. Your wedding planner helps makes sense of all those ideas dancing around your head or on your Pinterest board, and will even throw in a few ideas of their own. In addition to making sense of the floral and decor chaos, we will also ensure your wedding day design is cohesive, even if that means vetoing a few ideas that don’t fit well into your dream day.
- 5. They Help You Create and Stick To Your Budget: Wedding Planners have been in the industry for some time, we know what things should cost and are skilled at making a realistic budget. We can help you navigate the many wedding industry price tags, balance your budget and help you prioritize what is most important to you for your wedding day. We also help brainstorm creative ways to afford items you really want, or look for even better alternatives. Wedding planners have also created strong relationships with wedding vendors, which can relate in cost savings for your rental and linen items.
These are just a few reasons why you should hire a planner, but as mentioned in the beginning, we truly could write a book about this topic!
7525 E Camelback Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251